links to table corrupting when new data pasted in

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I download a report from our ERP which is then pasted into a file. The destination worksheet ("T1 Download") is set up as a table (Table1) so that the range expands appropriately as the records increase each week. On another tab in this workbook ("CalcSheet"), there is a second table (Table2) that links to the original. Formulas used in Table 2 are very simply copying the contents of the same cell in Table1. so, the first cell in Table 2 (range A6) contains the formula "= 'T1 Download'!A6". The worksheet was set up this way to reorder the downloaded data by column. so, each row in Table2 corresponds to the same row in Table1.

Problem i am having lately is that when the new data is pasted into Table1, the formulas on the second tab ("CalcSheet") seem to drop a few rows so that i end up with fewer rows of data on this second tab.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Has anyone got a suggestion(s) on how to do the column reorder task that "CalcSheet" performs?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
further to this issue, i also posted a query regarding copying the first row of a table down the entire range of the table. found several posts, but the easiest came from JoeMO. Thread to my question (including a link to Joe's answer on yet another thread) is here:

after using HSTACK and CHOOSECOLS a few times, it didn't exactly fit my purpose. have used it elsewhere already though so still stoked with it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back