LIST BASED ON MULTIPLE CRITERIA

MariaMcK

Office Version
  1. 2019
I need to create a single column list from a worksheet that I will update weekly. The columns will all be the same when I import, some of the data may chance. I need to pull the list of names from that worksheet that meet 2 criteria. The criteria is located in a different worksheet. I've tried filter, index, and a number of other suggestions I found on the web but all are giving me errors that my argument is invalid. I'm at a loss. I've attached a screenshot to explain what I want. I'd prefer that when I update sheet 2 weekly it recognizes there may be more rows than the previous (I did try using A:A but it again didn't work). I really love learning and usually find what I need by searching, but all the tutorials have failed me :(

Attachments

• GUEST LIST.jpg
    GUEST LIST.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
PRO 2019

Upvote 0
Thanks for that.
How about in A8 dragged down
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$E$2:$E$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Sheet2!$E$2:$E$100)-ROW(Sheet2!$E$2)+1)/(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100=$B$3)/(Sheet2!$F$2:$F$100=$B$5),ROWS(A$8:A8))),"")

Upvote 0
Thanks for that.
How about in A8 dragged down
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$E$2:$E$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Sheet2!$E$2:$E$100)-ROW(Sheet2!$E$2)+1)/(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100=$B$3)/(Sheet2!$F$2:$F$100=$B$5),ROWS(A$8:A8))),"")
Perfect! thank you - I appreciate you!

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back