List Files In Subfolders with Modified Date

blimbert

Hello - I am trying to obtain a file listing of all files in a network folder, and multiple layers of subfolders.

Requirements:
  1. Return filename, file path, file type, and file last modified date to an excel sheet
  2. Evaluate all files within all subfolders. In other words if there are nested subfolders, evaluate the files within every subfolder and its subfolders
  3. Obtain the file information if the last modified date is after a certain date (eg >=1/1/2022)
  4. Obtain the file information if the file type is a certain file type (eg .xlsx)
I have tried various code snippets from various sources and have not yet found one that works as desired.

Could you please help?

Use Powerquery - 20000 files in about 3 seconds, over 41000 in 7. Only thing to watch is path length, but then I was search a cloud store.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Yes, power query is also easy to use

Upvote 0
JEC your code is great for me.
is there way to get hyperlink to file instead of just path. or both hyperlink to each file and folder of the file

Upvote 0
Use Powerquery - 20000 files in about 3 seconds, over 41000 in 7. Only thing to watch is path length, but then I was search a cloud store.

Yes, I did use it when with code taking much time,

it took around 10-15 sec to load 75K+ rows
Power query is great.

Upvote 0
I just made macro to run power query and it took 5 seconds for 22400 files from my flash drive path
Awsome

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back