List of Features/Options/Functions No Longer Available in XL 2007

monirg

(This is a cross-post. My earlier attempt to automatically do so by providing the full address of this DG was apparently unsuccessful since my OP didn't appear on MrExcel Excel Questions Forum.)

Hello;

I've just Just been advised by VoG II (MrExcel MVP) and Jon Peltier (MS XL MVP) that the following two features are no longer available in XL 2007:
- moving a "data point on XY-chart"; and
- chart "Sized with Window".
Very surprised ... having tried for sometime to figure out how!

In order to save time and effort as well as helping "average" users who are considering either using or converting to XL 2007, my question is:
Does anyone know whether MS (or someone else for that matter) has compiled a list of:
Features/Options/Functions/References/Libraries/Procedures/etc.
that are NO LONGER available in XL 2007 ??

Your expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Dom;

Thank you kindly for providing the link. Will access it shortly.

Regards.

Upvote 0
Dom;

1) The link provides the answer to my question. Thanks again for your help.
A better organization of the table in the article would have made it much easier to line up its contents.

2) In addition to XL 2007 removal of "chart Sized with Window" and "dragging a point on chart to change source data", Jon Peltier posted earlier in his reply to my thread:
microsoft.public.excel.charting at:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...ting&mid=c2ebbd2d-29b7-43d2-b4e5-57d5f2d891d2 :

2.a) "Positive changes to the charts in 2007 are minimal. These include the ability to choose a log base other than 10 for a log scale axis (minimally useful) and the ability to format the lines connecting points and the error bars to show an arrowhead."

2.b) "Negative changes to the charts in 2007 are plentiful. No size with window, no goal seek (dragging a point to change the underlying data). Less efficient interface (dialogs and ribbon tabs) for editing charts. Loss of F4/Repeat Last Action for all but the most insignificant changes."

2,c) "Some things were lost, and while I don't miss them other people do. Loss of custom built-in chart types from the UI. Loss of fill patters from the UI."

2.d) "Some things were gained, and while I don't consider them worthy additions, other like them. The extensive enhancements to chart element formatting comes to mind. Big whoop, now your charts can have twice as much junk as ever before, rivaling Dundas and ChartFX."

2.e) "All in all, upgrading is a step down. I use Excel 2003 for all of my own work. I use Excel 2007 because many clients have switched (some have switched back), but I keep it sequestered in its own VirtualPC session."

3) Jon Peltier also added later (regarding the link article): "Also the item that says you cannot resize multiple charts is false, so I didn't bother checking any others."

Regards.

Upvote 0
Addition to my previous post.

4) Rob Bovey, MS MVP, has advised recently:
"The Chart Labeler applies the base cell format information as reported by Excel to all text in the corresponding data label.
There is a bug in the new charting feature in Office 2007 that prevents transferring of formatting information reliably between cells and data labels at all, so this feature has been disabled in Excel 2007."
HTH.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back