List of Job Assignments

thetank

Board Regular
How can I have Excel return a list of job assignments based on a particular location?

Employees assigned to a particular airport in Texas have to do research in all the adjacent counties to that airport (there are over 250 counties in Texas). For example lets say Jack is assigned to do work for DFW and IAH and Jill is assigned to do work at ACT, SAT, and CLL. There are too many adjacent counties to list in this example but obviously the adjacent counties will never change but the employee assigned to the airport will.

It goes without saying that the number of counties will be different for each employee and sometimes they might trade airports so the list could potentially be pretty dynamic. I'm assuming there will have to be some sort of lookup sheet/command. Also, one "lucky" engineer will be assigned to all of the counties that are outside of all the other adjacent counties. If work gets too much and other engineers have time to help, those engineers can divide counties by a particular region. For example, **** could take all the East and West counties and Jane takes the central.

The information I'd like to list is:
Column A: Employee Name
Column B: County
Column C: Region (East, West, Central)

I'd like the list to be sorted primarily by employee names (in alphabetical order) and then secondarily by the county name.

Thanks in advance for your help in solving this challenge. I can provide a list of counties and their regions if that helps.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keycalinc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back