list of lettercombinations?

opifex

Hello all,

Sander Sturing here, Student Information & Interactive Media Design from Holland...

My 'problem' is the following:

For an assignment we have to come up with a new sollution to re-order the list of english '3-letter words'. That is a list of 1015 words atm! I'm planning on making some sort of a system, where you begin with one letter. When you choose (example) an 'G', you get (i.e.) 10 options for the next letter (a, e, l, o etc.) And than if you choose an 'E', you'll have 3 options to finish the word. GET, GER etc.

What i need to do is make a list with all letter combinations.. so in the first collumn the A, B, C etc. The second collumn ALL options for the second letter (per letter in the first collumn ofcourse!), and in the third collumn ofcourse ALL options for the last letter.
I Have the complete list with words in Word now. So my question is: Does any1 have a good idea on how to start, or how to do this?

I'm trying some things out for myself in Processing atm. Excel is quite new for me. I think it can be done in Processing, but i would prefer to have the complete list in Excel anyway! My teacher recommended this site to me, so its not cheating on the assignment or anything... It would be just the start!

Sorry for the long story (no native englishspeaker, so long sentences required...) and thanks in advance!

Sander Sturing
OpifeX

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
hello VoG,

thanks for the welcome!

Its not really what i ment though, Its kinda hard to explain things right in English! But as you know, pictures say more then a thousand words:

picture-1.png

This is what i want to do.. Its now done by hand, but there are more then 1000 words!

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sander

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back