List of names NOT on sheet

Rhodestransit

How can I get a drop down list to show names that do not appear on a sheet
For example I have a sheet with divers names on it in various columns C2:C45, F2:F45, I2:I45 and so on, I want to have a formula to check my master list on sheet2! of names and return a list of names that are not on sheet1! I want the result on sheet1!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Rhodestransit,

What version of Excel are you using?

You will generally get much more help (and faster) in this forum if you can post your small samples directly in the forum.

Please attach screenshots of your workbook or a sample workbook that accurately portrays your current workbook on one sheet, and what it should look like 'After' on another sheet.

This makes it much easier to see exactly what you want to do, as well as shows us whether there is a consistent number of rows between tables and such.

Here are three possible ways to post small (copyable) screen shots directly in your post:

Please post a screenshot of your sheet(s), what you have and what you expect to achieve, with Excel Jeanie HTML 4 (contains graphic instructions).
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/hlp_schnell_en.php

or
RichardSchollar’s beta HTML Maker -...his signature block at the bottom of his post

or
Borders-Copy-Paste

If you are not able to give us screenshots:

To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook (sensitive data scrubbed/removed) that contains an example of your raw data on one worksheet, and on another worksheet your desired results.

The structure and data types of the sample workbook must exactly duplicate the real workbook. Include a clear and explicit explanation of your requirements.

You can upload your workbook to www.box.net and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0
At the moment im using excel 97 (upgrading soon) the software did not work to post a sample it just gave an error saying No Excel!
The Borders copy paste says the page cannot be displayed
My workbook is full of sensitive information too much for me to remove and post online.
All i want is to compare the column c2:c45 on sheet1! with the column c2:c45 on sheet2! and display a list of names that are on sheet2! but not on sheet1!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rhodestransit,

All i want is to compare the column c2:c45 on sheet1! with the column c2:c45 on sheet2! and display a list of names that are on sheet2! but not on sheet1!

How about providing a sample list from Sheet1, range c2:c10 for testing.

And, a sample list from Sheet2, range c2:c10 for testing.

Upvote 0
Rhodestransit,

Click on the Post Reply button, and just enter the word BUMP, and click on the Submit Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back