List workday and holiday dates

coliervile

Hello every one-

I'm working on a academic calendar and I need to list the dates, Monday through Friday, of all of the workdays and holidays from the start date. A class is 36 days long. For example if a class starts on October 1, 2014 it would end on November 10, 2014 counting the one federal holiday on October 13, 2014. I need to list the 36 workday date and the one federal holiday date. How can I go about doing this?

Best regards,
Charlie

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Thank you FDibbins for looking at my question and your suggestion. I'm not certain in Networkdays will do what I want it to. I know the start date and that the curriculum is 36 days, I would not necessarily know how many holidays fell within the 36 days to add to the start date.

Upvote 0
The NETWORKDAY function might tell me the number of days how can I take that number and automatically list those dates. From my example in #1 how can I list all of the dates from October 1, 2014 to November 10, 2014... 37 days that Networkdays would return?

Charlie

Upvote 0
Good day everyone,

I still can't figure out how to do this.

If I know the start date is October 1, 2014 and the course is 37 day, including the one federal holiday on October 10, 2014, how can I automatically make a list of 37 dates, for Monday through Friday, including the start date.

Best regards,

Charlie

Upvote 0
Enter the start date, then use the fill handle to drag it down 40 rows (36 plus a few extra to allow for holidays).

After dragging down, click the auto fill options flag, then choose 'Fill Weekdays'

Assuming your list in in A2:A41, In B1 enter =IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,$K$1:$L$10,2,0),"DAY "&NETWORKDAYS(A$2,A2,$K$1:$K$10)) and fill that down also.

Note that in the example formula, K1:K10 contains a list of holiday dates, L1:L10 contains a list of the holiday names.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back