ListBoxes on Forms

WJReid

Hi All,

I have a form with two list boxes on it. The first lists trades and the second I would like to list the jobs that those trades carry out. There is a named range for each of the trades jobs. For instance, if I select Engineer from ListBox1, then the range I would like the second list box Row Source to be is 'Engineer'. Can anyone tell me how to code it so that when I select Engineer from the first ListBox, the second will populate with the jobs from the range 'Engineer'?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Bill

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi,

I had a similar problem. The way to do it would be to use the indirect function within the data-validation. Search on user Shaikhiy to see the solution.

Come back if you need further help. I cannot take credit for the solution so that is why I would like you to see who came up with the idea for me.

C-ya around

Imran

Upvote 0
Hi Rajesh,

The list boxes I am using are on a form, not a worksheet. I have tried to set the Row Source as Indirect("H1")but it comes up as sub or function not defined.

Can anyone tell me how to set the Row Source on a list box as an Indirect function.

Regards,

Bill

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back