listing pounds,ounces,and grams

Katieg918

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I set up a spreadsheet for a recipe measured by weight so that I can change the total weight needed, and the materials update accordingly. I have a column each for pounds, ounces, and grams for the materials in the recipe.
Does anyone know how I can set so that anything in the ounces column that exceeds 16 oz adds to the pounds column?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi there. If you could post your spreadsheet on here I could be of more help, but this snippet shows how you can derive pounds(lb) and ounces(oz) from a total ounces. I'm intrigued as to why youve got grams as well - with my very limited cooking knowledge I thought you use one or the other but not both.
Book1
DEF
5total ounceslboz
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E6E6=INT(D6/16)
F6F6=MOD(D6,16)

Upvote 0
OK. I am happy to help further, but I need some further explanation/examples. Are you saying that say, the 11.3750 entry needs to become 11 in Lb and 6 in oz? If so, you will need an additional column for the integer lb value. Also, how can I tell if the entry is a lb/gm or lb/oz format? I could convert all fractional pounds into both oz and gm, is that what you want?

Upvote 0
sorry I am new to the forum and didn't realize how to get back to my first thread originally. one faux pas and now i am left without help.

Upvote 0
No youre not, I expect posters on the duplicate thread will be helping - they have gone further with it, but if not, post here again and I will pick up again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back