Loan/Lease Interest Calculator Problem

mgawley

Hi there,

I've been searching google high and low for a spreadsheet that can help me with an analysis I'm trying to run. I manage a golf course and every few years, I have to turnover our power cart fleet. It's always a question of how many carts we can afford based on our budget. So I was hoping to find a Loan/Lease Calculator that can calculate monthly payments. Here's the catch. Many leasing companies offer us a 6 on/6 off monthly payment structure as we are a very seasonal golf course. I'm not sure how I would adjust the 'stock' interest calculator to take the 6 on/6 off into account.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I manage a golf course and every few years, I have to turnover our power cart fleet. It's always a question of how many carts we can afford based on our budget. So I was hoping to find a Loan/Lease Calculator that can calculate monthly payments. Here's the catch. Many leasing companies offer us a 6 on/6 off monthly payment structure as we are a very seasonal golf course.

For my edification, could explain the terms of the lease agreement in more detail?

For example:
Lease value: 500,000
Term: 4 years
Annual interest rate: 4%
Residual value: 50,000 (value at end of lease)
Lease date: 4/1/2015 (when equipment is transferred to lessee)
1st payment date: 4/1/2015

Typically, the first payment is due when the equipment is transferred to the lessee. So the two dates might seem redundant. But....

I am not sure what "6 on, 6 off" means. Perhaps 6 months of payments followed by 6 months accruing interest without payments. Or perhaps interest-only payments during the latter 6 months.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back