Locate a Record within a Data Entry Form

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a data entry form that displays one record at a time, I want to create a search box on top of it where I can type the ID number (which is the primary key and set to autonumber) and it will show that record. Can some help?

TIA

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
This video will show you how to make that happen

Macromedia Flash (SWF) Movie Created by Camtasia Studio 2

Thanks for the helpful video. My dropdown combobox shows all unique ID #'s but when I select a ID # (in Form view) it doesn't populate the ID record information. In the Record source of my Form I put the following criteria for the ID field:

Code:
Like [forms]![Procurement Log Form].[myselector] & "*"

Note that intellisense did not popup the name of my combobox (myselector), I manually entered it. I don't know why it did not popup my combobox name. I think the issue is with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The property of the Data Entry form in the Data tab for Data Entry is set to "Yes". That is to say only one form displays. There is navigation buttons at the bottom of the form and when it is clicked it opens the data entry form as blank sheet where another entry is to be entered. When a record is entered and saved it gets posted to the Table. This begs the question, is it even possible to retrieve the saved form if I create the combobox to begin with?

Upvote 0
I resolved this issue. I changed Data Entry to "No" and am now able to filter from the drop down combobox. Even then the intellisense did not show the name of my combobox, nevertheless it still works. For understanding purposes, why doesn't the combobox filter a record when Data Entry is set to "Yes" for my form?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back