Locking exact graph size

cuubaa

Hello!

I have a worksheet with simple graph and a table. The graph size is exacly the same as the table, so that both the Y axis and last major gridline are in line with table borders. Now every now and then it all gets messed up and the graph moves a few pixels left or right (dont know why, I do not change column size). Is there any way of locking the chart size and position to prevent this? (or a macro to i.e. align plot area with certain columns)'

Thank you,

cuubaa

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I don't know how to fix chart size (I'm sure someone else will though), but one thing that always mucks up my chart formatting is auto-size on axis labels/chart labels. If they're on, sometimes they decide to auto-size for no reason, and suddenly my two identical graphs don't match any more.

Upvote 0
Thanks Sal Paradise, but that didn't help.

Whats even worse, now I see that even when the chart is perfecly aligned on the screen it gets few pixels off on the printout :mad: I have no idea why

Upvote 0
There are a million reasons for it.

Depending on how often it changes/you need to print it, one thing to consider is pasting it along with the table as an image (enhanced metafile) into PowerPoint and ungroup it. Then you can use the Drawing Tools to manipulate elements individually rather than as a whole. It can be much much easier to do, but the data (obviously) won't update anymore.

Upvote 0
Yes thats the problem, these worksheets are printed and updated on a daily basis, and theere is quite a few of them so it would take a lot of time to either put it all in ppt or adjust these few pixels each time.
I guess I will just have to live with this ;) thanks for help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back