Locking Formula To A Cell

samdax2

Greetings,

Currently the issue I am having is that I am trying to convert Pacific Time into Central Time zones. The current format I have is a custom one m/d/yy h:mm:ss AM/PM (example: 11/4/02 9:54:00 AM). Basically I just cut and paste that value into the cell.

What I would like to do is to be able to have a formula "stay locked" in the cell no matter what I paste into it (in other words I don't want the pasting of the data to overwrite and erase the equation). I then want that same formula to apply it's equation and add 2 hours to the time only (leaving the date, and minutes alone).

Is this possible???

Note: Actually I can make this work but only if I use an extra cell used soley for the "conversion". I would like to avoid creating an extra cell for this.

Thanks,

Clint

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I'm afraid there is no way to do what you are looking to do without some serious VB code. You are MUCH better off sticking with formulas and perhaps hiding the data you don't want exposed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back