Long Array Formula VBA

WE2286

HI ALL,

THIS IS MY FIRSTPOST SO HOPEFULLY I'M IN LINE W FORUM POLICIES.

I HAVE SET UP A MACRO TO PULL DATA THROUGH FROM A SECOND OPEN WORKBOOK TO A SHEET. IN THIS SHEET I WANT TO USE A FEW OF THE DATA POINTS TO CALCULATE A VALUE.

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING FORMULA THAT NEEDS TO BE APPLIED TO THE RANGE OF CELLS, WHICH ARE DYNAMIC BASED UPON THE ACTIVE RANGE OF THE OTHER WORKBOOK:

=MAX(INDIRECT($CM$1&$CM$2&ROW(CF13)),INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$3&ROW(CF13)))+(SUMIF(INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$1&$CG$1&":"&$CK$1&$CG$2),INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$1&ROW(CF13)),INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$2&$CG$1&":"&$CK$2&$CG$2))-SUMIF(INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$1&$CG$1&":"&$CK$1&$CG$2),INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$1&ROW(CF13)),INDIRECT($CM$1&$CK$3&$CG$1&":"&$CK$3&$CG$2)))

HOWEVER, THE RANGE CAN BE IN EXCESS OF 60000 ROWS.

AS SUCH I WANT TO AUTOMATE ON VBA TO TAKE SOME OF THE BURDEN OFF.

THUS FAR I HAVE PRODUCED THE FOLLOWING:

Sub Macro5()
'
' Macro5 Macro
'
'
Dim PartX As String
Dim PartY As String
Dim PartZ As String

PartX = "=MAX(INDIRECT(R1C91&R2C91&ROW(RC)),INDIRECT(R1C91&R3C89&ROW(RC)))""+""X_X_X())"
PartY = "=SUMIF(INDIRECT(R1C91&R1C89&R1C85&"":""&R1C89&R2C85),INDIRECT(R1C91&R1C89&ROW(RC)),INDIRECT(R1C91&R2C89&R1C85&"":""&R2C89&R2C85))""-""Y_Y_Y())"
PartZ = "=SUMIF(INDIRECT(R1C91&R1C89&R1C85&"":""&R1C89&R2C85),INDIRECT(R1C91&R1C89&ROW(RC)),INDIRECT(R1C91&R3C89&R1C85&"":""&R3C89&R2C85))"

With Sheets(3).Range("CF6:CF10")
.FormulaArray = PartX
.Replace "X_X_X())", PartY
.Replace "Y_Y_Y())", PartZ

End With

End Sub

NOTE THAT THE RANGE ABOVE IS JUST A PROXY WHILST I GET THE FORMULA TO WORK - SO ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO LINK THIS TO SOME SORT OF ACTIVE DATA ROW # WOULD BE AWESOME!

FRUSTRATINGLY I STILL GET THE "UNABLE TO SET THE FORMULAARRAY PROPERTY OF THE RANGE CLASS" MESSAGE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON IMPROVEMENT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

THANKS,
WE2286

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi. Im pretty sure im right in saying you need to use A1 reference to do this not R1C1. Try rewriting it that way and come back if still having trouble. Also you wouldnt need the equals sign in partY or partZ. You only need it once.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I still get the same error and the debug refers explicitly to the following portion of the formula:

.FormulaArray = PartX

Any further suggestions?

Thanks for your help and the quick reply!

Upvote 0
In fact maybe it would be easier to paste the formula that you need in CF6

Upvote 0
My formula is currently:

Sub Macro11()
'
' Macro11 Macro
'
'
Dim PartX As String
Dim PartY As String
Dim PartZ As String

PartX = "=MAX(INDIRECT(CM1&CM2&ROW()),INDIRECT(CM1&CK3&ROW()))""+""X_X_X()"
PartY = "SUMIF(INDIRECT(CM1&CK1&CG1&"":""&CK1&CG2),INDIRECT(CM1&CK1&ROW()),INDIRECT(CM1&CK2&CG1&"":""&CK2&CG2))""-""Y_Y_Y()"
PartZ = "SUMIF(INDIRECT(CM1&CK1&CG1&"":""&CK1&CG2),INDIRECT(CM1&CK1&ROW()),INDIRECT(CM1&CK3&CG1&"":""&CK3&CG2))"

With Sheets(3).Range("CF6:CF10")
.FormulaArray = PartX
.Replace "X_X_X()", PartY
.Replace "Y_Y_Y()", PartZ

End With

End Sub

As mentioned above the debug cites the yellow portion.

And is your suggestion to copy down the formula from cell CF6 via a macro?

Thanks again for your help!
WE

Upvote 0
No i meant the formula that you have on the worksheet in the cell CF6

Upvote 0
=max(indirect($cm$1&$cm$2&row()),indirect($cm$1&$ck$3&row()))+(sumif(indirect($cm$1&$ck$1&$cg$1&":"&$ck$1&$cg$2),indirect($cm$1&$ck$1&row()),indirect($cm$1&$ck$2&$cg$1&":"&$ck$2&$cg$2))-sumif(indirect($cm$1&$ck$1&$cg$1&":"&$ck$1&$cg$2),indirect($cm$1&$ck$1&row()),indirect($cm$1&$ck$3&$cg$1&":"&$ck$3&$cg$2)))

Upvote 0
It doesnt appear to be an array formula as far as i can tell so it can just be entered normally.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back