Longevity Ver. X Question to Seasoned User

Topeka

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello,

My office migrated from open source app's to MS Office, and I'm navigating through Excel 2019. Our screen shots are Excel 2016. The FAQ's here surmount that hurdle. Thank you. The legacy wizards make the new Excel look like the old (toddler--old?) images in the instructions.

Is three years the industry standard to cycle users through a new learning curve? That's the life expectancy of my guppy. He's on his last legs--figuratively speaking. Is a three year obsolescence of the ribbon and dialog boxes something I have to prepare for in my career? It would be comforting to hear from some seasoned users if you're still productive with the version you entered with into the workforce.

It's Wednesday--almost Thursday, the day before Friday!

Have nice weekends, everyone;

T KS

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hello and welcome. I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but my company has been using microsoft office 2007 since 2008. We are also using a DOS-based inventory management system that was written in the 1970's. Having said that, we are looking to replace both by the end of the year.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome. I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but my company has been using microsoft office 2007 since 2008. We are also using a DOS-based inventory management system that was written in the 1970's. Having said that, we are looking to replace both by the end of the year.
Thank you, John.

Upvote 0
Is a three year obsolescence of the ribbon and dialog boxes something I have to prepare for in my career?
The toolbar system that preceded the Ribbon was around for a very long time, and the Ribbon has been around since the 2007 version, with a few tweaks, so 3 years really doesn't come into it. The dialog boxes are largely unchanged to my mind too.

I was using Excel 5 when I started using Windows at work, and no I'm not still productive with that. ;) In my experience large companies upgrade about every third version of Office, but the changes are generally added functionality rather than changed - the Ribbon was a huge exception to that, of course!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back