Look at one column if date is = Pending Approval, if > Announced, if <> Selected

CLCoop

Board Regular
I have a formula but need to extend it to have three parameters.
If column L has no starting date meaning 01/0/1900 column M is blank = Pending Approval
If column L has a starting date older or = to current date (Column T1 has a formula =Today()) and column M is blank=Announced
If column L has a starting date older or = to current date (Column T1 has a formula = Today() and column M is NOT blank = Selected

Right now I know how to build off of two parameters:
=IF(L39="01/0/1900","Pending Approval", IF(L39>+$T$1,"Selected","Announced"))

What would be the formula for three parameters and if column M is blank or not blank?
This needs to be kept to ONE column as many other calculations are based on the words Pending Approval, Announced, and Selected.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 23

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Hi,

Your written requirements differ from your posted picture, this is the best I can interpret between your written requirements and your picture.
Also, unless the Dates in Column L are Text, your value of "1/0/1900" is actually just 0 (zero) formatted as date.
But if Column L dates are Text, than none of your date comparisons would work.
I'm not referencing your T1 date of today, as it looks like you may have merged cells, it looks more like U1 in the pic.

This formula assumes Column L dates are Real dates, and considers the information/description in your Column U regarding Announced/Not Announced.
If it doesn't work for you, you need to further explain in detail of All your requirements, and clarify what I pointed out above.

Book3.xlsx
LMNOPQRSTU
101/0/1900YESSelected
111/0/1900Pending Approval
121/0/1900Pending Approval
132/25/2022Not Announced
142/25/2022YESSelected
153/31/2022Announced
Sheet1029
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
U10:U15U10=IF(M10="",IF(L10=0,"Pending Approval",IF(L10>TODAY(),"Announced","Not Announced")),"Selected")

Upvote 0
Thank you jtakw, this worked! I added a column to show person was been selected so your formula I modified by a column.

You are correct those are dates so the 01/0/1900 is a blank on another spreadsheet when the formula brings it over it shows as a date.

I ended up using this: =IF(M10="",IF(L10=0,"Pending Approval",IF(L10>U1,"Not Announced","Announced")),"Selected")

Quick question the "Not Announced" doesn't really work meaning it should be based on FUTURE dates, of the Open Date in column K is before current date should show as not announced.... But this still gets what I need to help protect cost!! In your screen shot above row 13 shows not announced but the date given has past so it should be Announced. But as Open date is in column K might be difficult to include that in the formula.

Attachments

• example 1.JPG
    example 1.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
I'm not following 100%, so may be we just "swap" the result ?
Like below ?

My original formula followed the logic in your Column U where it said "Status based on closing date, if pass current date = Announced, if not pass current date = Not Announced"

If this is not what you want, further detailed explanation is needed, along with sample data and desired results, preferrably post using XL2BB (see my signature), or at least in Table format, so helpers can copy for testing.

Book3.xlsx
LMNOPQRSTU
101/0/1900YESSelected
111/0/1900Pending Approval
121/0/1900Pending Approval
132/25/2022Announced
142/25/2022YESSelected
153/31/2022Not Announced
Sheet1029
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
U10:U15U10=IF(M10="",IF(L10=0,"Pending Approval",IF(L10>TODAY(),"Not Announced","Announced")),"Selected")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back