Look Up Confusion

trainer75

Hi I am trying to put together a temporary picking form and are currently having some issues and hope someone can help.

I have currently 3 tabs
Tab 1 is the main tab that will be my temporary pick sheet
Tab 2 and 3 is where I will have data but this will be all together.
I need to identify what stock is for which area, the area's are in rows, then the stock info is in columns.
So on Tab 1 I have a drop down list that would choose Tab 2 or Tab 3 then another drop down list that would choose the area.

My end goal is to select the drop down box for tab 2 or 3, then select the area from the other drop down box, this would then auto populate the fields that I am looking for.

Hope someone can assist

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi

If you email me some sample data and a bit more info (emma_ra_Hudson@yahoo.co.uk), I'll have a look and see if I can help. I'm just not quite clear what you need and it might be easier for me to see it.

Em

Upvote 0
Hi

If you email me some sample data and a bit more info (emma_ra_Hudson@yahoo.co.uk), I'll have a look and see if I can help. I'm just not quite clear what you need and it might be easier for me to see it.

Em

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your assistance, my goal posts have now been changed, so no longer looking at that part, thank you anyway.
Don't know if you could assist me with another problem that's arisen?
In column D I have a list of media (ie CAGE, PALLET, TOTE etc) and in column E I have a cumber which references what row they are in on another tab, I then pick which media by a drop down box and then I want the number to show in reference to the row.
The formula I have is
=LOOKUP(A7,D1:D7,E1:E7)
Unfortunately the numbers don't match the media and I cant fathom out why

Hope you can help :)

Upvote 0
If you email me some sample data ..
That is not allowed. Please refer to #4 of the Forum Rules

You might also want to consider the wisdom of openly publishing your email address in a public forum where spamming robots regularly trawl for email addresses.

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, now that you've sacred @emmarahudson with a healthy dose of common sense (that seems less and less common :)) how about removing her email address as only a mod can change a user's post past 10 minutes or so.

Upvote 0
That is not allowed. Please refer to #4 of the Forum Rules

You might also want to consider the wisdom of openly publishing your email address in a public forum where spamming robots regularly trawl for email addresses.

Hi there,
no worries I wouldn't send to an email address purely for that reason.
stick to the forum :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back