Look up value on another sheet by comparing goal to actual number

Granny

I am very new to excel, and i bieleve i am working in excel 2010. I have been given a workbook that has a sheet called State Standards. This sheet contains pre determined goals for the entire year for 9 different offices. Another sheet imports actual month end numbers at the end of every month. I have been told that excel can calculate points based on whether the actual number is > or < than the pre set goal for that month. The points are also located on the State Standard worksheet. I have a copy of the workbook for review but i do not see how to attach the file.

:)

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
be careful with posting part of the file. remove confidential data and identification data before you distribute anything.

Upvote 0
it is a copy of 3 years ago data and made up names. But my posting permissions does not allow me to attach files.

Upvote 0
it is a copy of 3 years ago data and made up names. But my posting permissions does not allow me to attach files.

Try a free hosting site or a cloud app like drop box if you can't otherwise, like creating a small sample, putting borders around each cell, copying the sample area, and pasting it here wit the internet explorer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back