Looking for an Excel Auditing Program (add in)

respree

Hello All:

I have a couple of huge monster spreadsheets that need to be audited for errors (for Sarbanes Oxley compliance).

I need the application to be able to detect formula errors and errors in logic (say if something foots across, but doesn't foot down).

I just tried downloading a trial version of one called Spreadsheet Professional, but it failed the simplest of tests (only =sum formulas used) in the simplests of spreadsheets, unable to detect three self-planted booby-trapped formulas.

The one I need to have audited is a monster and about 100 times more complex than the simple one I tested.

I greatly appreciate any comments on these types of softwares (i.e. reliable or not) or (software) suggestions anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi,

I'm looking for the same thing. Part of my current project is taking a large excel spreadsheet they're currently using as a report and getting the same report results using an access database I'm building. I wish I could show you all a picture of what this spreadsheet looks like after I start clicking the "trace dependents" and "trace precedents" buttons. It looks like a spider web, only more complicated. It's madness I tell you! Madness!

Has the OP or does anyone else know of a program that can go through an excel spreadsheet to track and document formula paths?

If not I'm starting to think it'd be easier to make a program to do this than to actually go through this spreadsheet to figure out how each field is calculated... lol.

Shane

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back