Looking for Help for Slicer

Morshed_Dhaka

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 set of data table. 1 data tables showing day wise sales and another data tables showing day wise discounted sales status. So, what I want to see that every day total sales vs. total discount status. Both the data table headings are same. So, what I did that I put those 2 table into 2 different day wise pivot table to find out day wise total sales vs. discounted sales. The problem is I want to put those data into a line chart with a slicer. But when I click slicer for 1 pivot table, only that pivot table data changed, another one remain same. I need some tips or way that 2 pivot data collected from 2 different source and then combine their movement by 1 single slicer so that when I click the slicer, both pivot data will be changed. Is there any solution ?? really really appreciate for help.

thanks in advance.

open

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
This is just off the top of my head, but have you tried right clicking on the slicer, selecting "Report Connections", and selecting the charts/tables/whatever that you want connected?

Upvote 0
yes, I already tried. find out 1 connection from 1 pivot table. I am not able to create connection with another pivot table which was made from another source.

This is just off the top of my head, but have you tried right clicking on the slicer, selecting "Report Connections", and selecting the charts/tables/whatever that you want connected?

Upvote 0
You need to use the DataModel (or PowerPivot) to connect the two tables. This creates the ability, but you lose some PivotTable functionality but gain elsewhere.
I found some guidance from Rob Colie's book visit PowerPivotPro.com

I don't know if Mike Girvin has a demonstration on his YouTube channel ExcelIsFun
or if MrExcel has on his.

It is a little complicated for description, which makes a video demo a better choice.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back