Looking for help with reapplying filter to a lot of tables

MooseComms

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi Folks,

I've been working on a large "statbook" for a sports team and am pretty happy with where I'm at. Basically we enter some data from the game and it spits out a large amount of situational stats in a number of tables.

I'm nearly done, but the last hurdle I've run into is refreshing the tables when a new player is added.

The way it is set up, there is one table on a worksheet where players are added. There are about 50 rows and wherever there isn't a player, the cell is labeled "place holder". The stat tables then reference this master list so we only have to update the players in one spot. Unfortunately this means we need to run a filter to keep things clean and since they don't auto-update I'm looking to do the following.

Either get the sheets auto-updating the filters, or build a macro that will refresh all the filters in the work book. I tried recording a macro... but naturally it was too large to run. I've tried a few of the code snippets I've found online, but I think I'm running into problems because of the tables referencing that main list. I've been able to make a macro for one page to reapply the filter, but would prefer to not have to refresh all 20ish worksheets.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

*Screenshots attached represent the utility/master list and a look at two of the tables with the filter applied*

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.42.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.42.06 AM.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.43.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.43.48 AM.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 24

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Just in case it's of use to anyone, I solved my own issue. I'm sure there are folks on here who could do it more cleanly, but I cobbled this together.

Recorded the macro to reapply the filter to each table on each individual sheet, so there are around 20 in total.

Then I created a macro to run each of the recorded sheet macros. Keeping in mind, to add a a sheet select in between each macro.

For simplicity's sake, I created a button on my utility page and tied it to the overall macro.

Takes a few minutes to run, but a lot more efficient than reapplying the filter to each table manually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back