Looking for information on Automating a Reconciliation Report

JTS25

Hi all,

New to this board, and hoping to get some good advice.

My team conducts a lot of data pulls to create reports, and they are all very time consuming. I'm trying to better educate myself in becoming more efficient in excel. One of the reports we do, is a Reconciliation between two systems.

This consists or 3 separate workbooks ( System 1 Data, System 2 Data, Master Reconciliation Template).

Within the Master Template Columns A-H, K, O, R, U, X - are all copy and pasted data from Workbook 1. Columns I, L, P, S, V, Y - are all vlookups to pull in data from workbook 2. Columns J, M, Q, T, V, Z - are the deltas ( if Columns H & I are the same = True, if they are different = False w/ color code).

The business reason for the Recon is to find the differences between the two systems, and update them.

All three of the workbooks are named the same, have default formats, and are saved in the same location each time.

Is there a VBA Code or Macro that could be created, so when workbook 1 and workbook 2 are created and saved in the location with the Master Recon Template. Could I open the Master Recon Template and execute the code to complete the Reconciliation instead of doing the manual manipulation?

Thank you in advance for any advice or information provided.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back