Looking to copy top cell to bottom of column [under last used cell], shift all cells up in vba.

peejaygee

Hey All,

I've looked through google and remembered I've been helped before here, so I figured I'd ask.

This is probably simple for most, but for me, nope.

I'm looking to use Excel to keep a track of people I play games with, say I've got a game with 4 players maximum, and 12 players, I want to put all their names in a column, and have a button on the right. When I click the button, it does this

Copy First Top Cell into buffer
Shift all cells below that one, up 1
Place buffer into last cell.

That way, I can put in a fixed 'hey, when you get to 20 points, your dropping and bob is joining', etc and be able to track rotation.

But it would be nice, not having fixed ranges, so I can just pull people out the list if they leave, or add people in if they come along later and the VBA script works out what it needs to work out. Be even more special if I had a button that closed any spaces if I deleted a person from the column (if they are gone for the night)

Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I turned back to google for a while, and still unable to find anything. I'm also wondering if I'm getting my rows and columns mixed up? Hmmmmm

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back