Lookup a value in multiple tables based on a number of cells

K1600

Board Regular
I'm pulling my hair out trying to make this work and would appreciate any assistance that anyone can give.

Hopefully if I've done it right this link should take you to my spreadsheet.

There are 'tables' for each 'Therapy' which contains a list of 'Actions' and the 'Therapists' with their charge rates. Currently there are only two tables, 'Physiotherapy' and 'Case Management' but there will be more once I can get it working.

What I need to achieve is that in the 'Physiotherapy' sheet, a number of cells are selected based on drop-downs, A1 (Therapy), B1 (Therapist) and A3 (Activity), these are all working fine. I now need the 'Rate' field to be completed from the relevant table once the other 3 fields have been entered so that the rate for the relevant therapist for the selected Activity is then shown in D3.

I can make this work using just one table (currently the Physiotherapy one) by stipulating it's name with an 'index' and 'match' formula (currently in cell D3) however I can't work out how to make it lookup multiple tables.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I'm thinking by the lack of any suggestions this might not be possible. As an alternative does anyone know if I can duplicate/merge data from multiple tables into another (new) table so I can keep my original data in their respective tables but also have somewhere I can do a vlookup?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back