Lookup all possible matches in access

Ebraham

Board Regular
Hi

I have one master table and other as accounts table. In master table i have around 7-8 columns out of which two columns are account number and email_ids. and in accounts table i have several columns out of which one column is account number.

i want to create a query which Vlook-up all possible matches of email ids on the bases of account number in one cell field from master table.

To better understand this is how i do in excel link . i am looking for a similar solution in access.

Yes, you can query an Access DB from Excel.

Google that phrase or add with VBA

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I have the code for connection but I was looking something similar as above where the master data will be in access but the other accounts table will be in excel so the user will query access database master table for fetching the all possible matched email ids in the last column. Is that possible? Can you throw some lights on it.
I am thinking of creating a button in excel which will ask user to select the range of accounts in excel and once that is selected it will go to access database master table and fetch all possible email ids in the last column in excel.

Upvote 0
No, as I have only accessessed Excel from Access, not the other way around. Even then the Excel wokbook was linked so just looked like a table to Access. Sorry.

Upvote 0
See if this link helps you.

Upvote 0
with larger datasets of 1M rows , access hangs with the above approach for lookup all matches within access, any idea ?

Upvote 0
be sure your table is indexed on the fields that are required for your searching. For instance, if you were searching based on Where FieldX = 'abc' then FieldX would be a candidate for indexing. Depending on the size of your dataset (it sounds large) then it might be time to consider a more robust DB solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back