Lookup and concatenate invoice numbers

barim

Board Regular
I have a list with invoice numbers that are in Column E. The corresponding Vendors are in column C. Now, column J contains statuses that could be either Sole, Dual, or Multi.
I have a condition if it is “Dual” it should pull and concatenate value that is below. I have a formula that does that:

=IF(J2="Dual",E2&" / "&E3,E3)

I would like to make this more dynamic. For example, if I encounter another workbook that has invoice number 900123 I would like to lookup this invoice number against the list and find out status of this invoice, and if it is “Dual” it would pull the value below and concatenate same as my formula above does.
Same thing I would like to do with vendor names - separated by the forward slash and concatenated in one cell. The vendor names should follow concatenated invoice numbers and list them in the same order. For example, 900123 / 900124 and next cell should have Pepsi / Coca-Cola.
Thanks.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Maybe I should simplify this: is it possible to do lookup on these numbers in one cell: 10001 / 10002 and have returned corresponding value from the list. The returned value should also be separated by " / ".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back