Lookup and merge vba code

jezza667

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi brains trust

I’m struggling to develop some code that I’m hoping someone here could help with please…

I have a spreadsheet of books and their data in columns A-AZ

I have 20 different book genres in column F

I have 200 book titles in column P

Each book title has its own row (therefore the genres are duplicated multiple times down column F, one row for each of the 200 books).

I want to develop some vba code so that based on the different book genres in column F, it combines all related book titles in column P into a single cell (so that there are only 20 rows in the end- one for each genre and it’s list of books).

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi brains trust

I’m struggling to develop some code that I’m hoping someone here could help with please…

I have a spreadsheet of books and their data in columns A-AZ

I have 20 different book genres in column F

I have 200 book titles in column P

Each book title has its own row (therefore the genres are duplicated multiple times down column F, one row for each of the 200 books).

I want to develop some vba code so that based on the different book genres in column F, it combines all related book titles in column P into a single cell (so that there are only 20 rows in the end- one for each genre and it’s list of books).

Thanks in advance!
would be a great help if you can provide data in XL2BB format...

Upvote 0
would be a great help if you can provide data in XL2BB format...
Sadly I can't as the XL2BB add-in doesn't work with the version I have on my macbook (the real data is on my work computer and I can't transfer it across).

Upvote 0
Sadly I can't as the XL2BB add-in doesn't work with the version I have on my macbook (the real data is on my work computer and I can't transfer it across).
as our MODs always tells us, kindly update your profile so they can help you more effectively! ie. office version and OS version... since I'm on windows OS maybe some Mac user can jump in goodluck...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back