Lookup, Conditional Formatting, ??? - Just not sure

spectraflame

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sheet which contains a table of static information. Across the top of the table (C8:T8) is Temperature in F. Down the left side of the table (B9:B20) is Wind Speed.

I have the formula already working to calculate the wind chill based on temperature and wind speed. Now I would like to highlight the wind chill index result in the chart that I created.

I am not sure how to accomplish this or if this is possible. The chart that I am referring to is from the National Weather Service located at

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/windchill/index.shtml

Thanks for your help.
Matthew

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi:

Do you mean just to highlight those cells that might contain your temp/wind speed formula?

plettieri

Upvote 0
No actually I would like to highlight the cross section of the temp and wind speed in the chart. The chart is designed to tell you how long you can be exposed to the weather before frost bite would start to develope.

I have two cells where the temp and wind speed are calulated get the wind chill index. I thought about just highlighting the cell in the chart that matches the calculated wind chill, but there are duplicates of the same number. The only way that I thought that I could accomplish this would be to take the actual temp and wind speed and look at up on the chart.

Matthew

Upvote 0
Hi:

Possibley conditional formatting those cell that meet your criteria.....that being?

plettieri

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back