Lookup feature

hesomist

Okay, this is my first post on the site, and I hardly know anything about the advanced features of Excel. But I'm working on a golf handicap tracker for myself, and need some help.

I have a sheet that includes a list of golf courses that I have played, along with that course's name, slope, and rating (along with some other general course information). The information for each course is on its own row.

On another sheet (the handicap tracker), I currently have it setup where I have to enter the course name, slope, and rating (along with my score) to calculate my handicap. Therefore, I have to click to the course sheet to gather the course information, and then I must click back to the handicap sheet and type it in manually.

Is there a way to set it up (either with regular formulas or with code) to enter a course name on the handicap sheet and have that course's information be automatically pulled from the courses sheet and put onto the handicap sheet?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
It sounds like a vlookup would do what you want, although it depends on if you have multiple occurances of the same course.

Vlookup(the value you want to match - the cell with the course name, the table you are pulling the information from (the golf course title has to be the first column in this selection), the column number in the table that you want pulled back into the given cell, True (which pulls the first instance that the course title is close) or False (an exact match to the title - I recomend using this one)

Upvote 0
Excel Workbook
ABCDEFG
1Course NameSlopeRating
2abc0.5goodLookupLookup
3def0.75baddef0.75bad
4geh1.2ok
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back