LOOKUP formula returns only negatives

Keyrookie

Hey all! I'm having trouble with a LOOKUP function. I have a range of numbers (Percentages in 1 column, Numbers in the adjacent right column) that go from 677 to -677. I am wanting to match the Percentage and return the Number in the column next to it (which is what LOOKUP is supposed to do). The problem I'm having is the formula is returning the lowest negative number (-677) even if the result should be a positive number. The only thing I can assume is that LOOKUP doesn't like negative numbers and will default to the lowest value in the range. What is the solution???

=IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(V131,S133:T231,T133:T231)),"",LOOKUP(V131,S133:T231,T133:T231))

"S" column starts with .99 and goes down to .01
"T" column starts with 677 and decreases by 7 till 0, then continues with -7,-14, -21, etc. [50% (S column) = "0" (T column)]

Thanks for the help!!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Thank you lozzablake, but it still isn't working. Is this what you mean??

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(V131,S133:T231,T133:T231)),"",VLOOKUP(V131,S133:T231,T133:T231,2,FALSE))

Upvote 0
Try...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(V131,S133:T231,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(V131,S133:T231,2,0))

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
YES! Thanks Domenic, that fixed the problem. I have another question, if that's all right? Is there a way to lock an Excel file so that it can only be used by one person and not shared? I'm wanting to sell the file but I have no idea on how to prevent it being shared after it's purchased.

Upvote 0
YES! Thanks Domenic, that fixed the problem.

You're very welcome!

I have another question, if that's all right? Is there a way to lock an Excel file so that it can only be used by one person and not shared? I'm wanting to sell the file but I have no idea on how to prevent it being shared after it's purchased.

I don't know how that can be accomplished. However, others here on the board should be able to help...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back