LOOKUP function troubles...please help!

HTSNY_JACK

HI - I am trying to work out using the proper function(s) to achieve my desired result, but I am severely stumped.

I need a spreadsheet that allows a user to make 3 decisions and have the result of those 3 decisions returned so that a formula can reference that amount to help me determine pricing. I will try to illustrate it and hopefully there is a genius out there that can help me.

There are 2 divisions, "1" and "2", each with different colors associated with them (3 colors in division 1, 2 colors in division 2), and each of these colors has 2 prices associated with it (an "H" price and an "RP" price) -- the first drop-down menu will contain a choice between "1" and "2", if the user selects division "1", then the options "blue", "green", and "red" must be visible for selection in the next cell. If they select division "2", then the options "black" and "blue" must be visible for selection in the next cell. Once the division is selected, then the color is selected, then the "H" or "RP" is selected, the corresponding amount for either the H or RP will be returned.

DIVISION COLOR H/RP PRICE
1BLUEH$1
RP$2
GREENH$3
RP$4
REDH$5
RP$6
2BLACKH$7
RP$8
BLUEH$9
RP$10

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is something like this even possible??? i absolutely appreciate any help that anyone can offer. I am trying to run a very small business and I really could use a spreadsheet that works this way to help me keep things more organized. Thank you in advance!

-Jack

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back