Lookup Intersection using Multiple Criteria and Return Value

boyko59

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.

Here is the issue that I've been trying to fix for about a week.

I would like to email you the attachment if you're going to help me out because for some reason, I am not allowed to add attachments to my post and it would be really beneficial for you to see the Excel Workbook.

The goal is to populate the Code fields with the appropriate information.

The information can be retrieved by matching a couple criteria. The first criteria is that the Date on the 24HR Sheet matches the one of the available dates on the Time Sheet and uses it’s column to retrieve the information. The second criterion is that the name on the 24HR Sheet to the left of the code matches up with the one on the Time Sheet and uses their row to retrieve the information. So basically, I am trying to do an intersection on the Time Sheet that checks the date and person’s name to give me their shift. Once the shift is received, I’d like to convert it to the appropriate code and have it populate the cell.

If a cell is blank/empty, I’d like to skip it without leaving a corresponding blank cell on the 24HR sheet like the cells containing their names on the 24HR sheet.

The Shifts and Codes are located on the Resources tab.

I hope I have clarified this enough for you and if not, please let me know what I can do to clarify it further.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back