Lookup list within cell and Compare to multiple columns

MHamid

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

I am looking for a formula that will do the following.
I have a column (let's call it column B) that has a list of businesses separated by semicolons. I want to look at every single one of these businesses within the cell and check to see if it is either in column C or D (Primary Business or Secondary Business) of that row. If the business is found in either columns C or D, then say YES. But if there are any businesses missing, then say NO and notate which business is missing. Also, the other way around. Is the Primary and Secondary Businesses listed in the Grouped Businesses. If Yes, then say Yes. If not, then say Yes, but {name of business} is not in Grouped Businesses.
See sample below.

Is it possible to have a formula get the results shown in Column E?

Account#Grouped BusinessesPrimary BusinessSecondary BusinessAre Grouped Businesses in either the Primary Business or the Secondary Business Columns & vice versa (Y/N)
123456789​
Technology; Compliance; Operations; AMLOperationsTechnology/Compliance/AMLYes
987654321​
TechnologyTechnologyYes
234567890​
Technology; Compliance; Operations; AMLTechnologyComplianceNo, Missing Operations and AML
987654320​
TechnologyAMLNo, Missing Technology
345678901​
Technology; Compliance; Operations; AMLFinanceTechnology/Operations/AML/ComplianceYes, Finance is not in Grouped Businesses
109876543​
TechnologyAMLFinanceYes, Finance is not in Grouped Businesses

Thank you

I've actually noticed it for data in Column C only. So what I need is that if column C shows blank or "Multi Business" just ignore those.
Grouped BusinessesPrimary BusinessSecondary Business
TechnologyMulti O&T BusinessesTechnologyYES |
OperationsMulti O&T BusinessesNo, Missing Operations |
Technology; Compliance; Operations; AMLComplianceNo, Missing Operations, Technology, Operations, and AML |

I'm looking at the data now and I think I actually may need to split this up into two different columns instead. I think the above results may confuse people.
It will be same the idea so I will keep this post and just add another reply with new requirements.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back