Lookup- match

Lewy2

I have a work book that has up to 100 pages on the first page I have list og materials on all the other pages I import a list of parts that use those materials. I wish to find the parts in the list by matching the material name
in the parts list with the name in the material list and extract the price in a corresponing column

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
So somewhere in the parts list there is a field or fields indicating what materials made up this part?

If not, how do you expect to match the two lists?

Upvote 0
Lewy2

Could you give a small sample of the data on the 'first page' and also a small sample of data on one of the other pages and tell us where the result(s) has to go?

To show sheet samples on the board, see the link at the bottom of this page to Colo's HTML Maker. Also read the ‘Sticky’ titled: 'HTML Maker FAQ (How to show your sheet on the board)' which is at the top of this ‘Excel Questions’ forum. Test it out in the ‘Test Here’ forum which is found in the ‘MrExcel Message Board Forum Index’ before trying to use it in this forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back