Lookup multiple column values that match search criteria and return row labels in one cell

Ddeeramone

Hi Guys. I don't know if this possible or not and I don't know a lot about excel so I am a bit confused where to start. I've looked at these array calculations that people use here, but am unsure as to whether they will work with the text in my sheets cells and would appreciate any pointers to the correct functions to use.

I have a an excel 2013 sheet below
, the factor scores are summed from a data entry sheet and the scores are then calculated with different formulas in each cell like this =IF($C5<39,"40---39",IF(($C5<41),"40-X-39",IF(($C5>40),"40---39"))). There can only be one x in a row and this donates the individuals score on that factor. I don't know if this is the correct way of looking up Factor scores that fall in a number range, but it gives the summary sheet that I need to print and genuinely saves time scoring this assessment.

What I would like to do is lookup all the scores in a column that have an X in them and then list the row titles in one cell. For example with the data reported in the sheet below could I do a lookup formula in one cell that would return for example.

"Person X had a definite difference more than others for C.Vestibular Processing, E. Multisensory Processing and F. Oral Sensory Processing."

If this is possible would it be possible to extend the formula to return row labels for those that have an X in the probable OR definite difference more than others columns. I don't know if this makes sense, but what I am trying to do is save time and reduce human error extracting summary data from the sheet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Untitled.png

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Just in case anyone is stuck on this, L-Drr on the excelforum provided the answer.

You add an extra column with this formula to search for the X's =IF(ISERROR(FIND("X",I5)),"",B5&" and ")

Then to get the selected cells into one cell use this

='Data Entry'!N38&" had a definite difference more than others for "&Summaries!K5&Summaries!K6&Summaries!K7&Summaries!K8&Summaries!K9&Summaries!K10&Summaries!K11&Summaries!K12&Summaries!K13&Summaries!K14&Summaries!K15&Summaries!K16&Summaries!K17&Summaries!K18

Then to remove the last " and" and replace it with a full stop use this

=LEFT(K19,LEN(K19)-5)&"."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back