Lookup Question

imasuitman

Here's the situation that I want to be able to automate via an excel or VBA function: I have workbook A with multiple worksheets; each worksheet lists the revenue checks to oil & gas owners that are written for a given month. In workbook B that is exported and downloaded daily from the bank are the previous day's cleared checks. I would like to mark the checks in workbook A that have cleared. Considerations: I would like to download new cleared check info every day without keeping the last day's so I'm not sure if that would be possible. I'm an intermediate excel user who would guess that I would try to do a lookup formula for this. What would be the easiest way, if possible to accomplish this? I could possibly consolidated multiple worksheets into one in Workbook A. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Where it me I would simply make my layout conducive to an autofilter.
For instance filter to anything recieved this month and with a clear date not null. Then Just select visible cells (alt-;) and paste into B. You can easily make this on into a macro too.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. But that's sort of what I'm doing now and manually marking them as cleared with an "X" next to them. But we send out several thousand checks every month, so I would like to have a formula or macro that would look at the bank download spreadsheet but not care when I deleted the bank download info afterwards since I don't want to keep both a listing of checks issued where I mark as cleared and the cleared check info for space reasons. My guess is that I would probably need to consolidate the multiple worksheets into one and just paste values after I run a vlookup and then have to rewrite the formula everyday since this is on a daily basis. Just to clarify, our company sends out these "revenue" checks to those having interests in the wells from which we purchase gas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back