LOOKUP VENDOR NAME w/ LOWEST BID. EXCLUDE ZERO AND TEXT

Oranjin

Board Regular
I have a sheet with the lowest bidders for three columns. I have written a formula that is searching for the lowest value, and then indexing the header of the column w/ the lowest value, and putting the text in the cell (where the formula is.) The problem is, it's giving me a "000" per my instructions, if the value is not found

I need this formula to grab the column header for the vendor that has provided the lowest bid. There are some conditions that it must work under. These are:

• It must ignore zeros. It must NOT Provide an output for the a vendor that has provided 0 next to two vendors whose values are say 1,2
  • If there are multiple text values, AND zero AND a low value, IT MUST PROVIDE THE LOW VALUE (AS IN THIS CASE IT IS THE ONLY VALUE)
  • If there is only 1 value, it should provide that value's header, REGAURDLESS of whether there is text or other nonsense in it.

I believe what I have is close. Please let me know if I can help.

PRODUCTV1V2
V3
V4OUTPUT
2223#N/A34
3332#N/A2000
444#N/A2000

<tbody>
</tbody>

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX($I$2:$K$2,,MATCH(MIN(I106:K106),I106:K106,0)),"000")

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Try
Code:
=INDEX(B$1:E$1,MATCH(AGGREGATE(15,6,B2:E2,1+COUNTIF(B2:E2,0)),B2:E2,0))

In the case of multiple lowest bid this will return the first vender. For example product 222 V1 and V3 both bid 3 which is the lowest this formula will return V1.

Upvote 0
IF all the values are zero in the row in question, how can I make it say, "No Bid". For rows that are all zero, it says, #/NUM!

Which i suppose is reasonable because you've got it ignoring zeros so when there is no value...

Upvote 0
Try
Code:
=IF(AGGREGATE(9,6,B2:E2)=0,"No Bid",INDEX(B$1:E$1,MATCH(AGGREGATE(15,6,B2:E2,1+COUNTIF(B2:E2,0)),B2:E2,0)))

Upvote 0
IF all the values are zero in the row in question, how can I make it say, "No Bid". For rows that are all zero, it says, #/NUM!

Which i suppose is reasonable because you've got it ignoring zeros so when there is no value...
Other way, you this formula:
PHP:
=IFERROR(INDEX(B$1:E$1,MATCH(AGGREGATE(15,6,1/(1/B2:E2),1),B2:E2,)),"No bid")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back