Loop Through Columns in Existing Worksheet - Paste Values to Existing PowerPoint as Textboxes

BuRnZz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Ive made a VBA macro that automatically creates a PowerPoint and one that creates a Worksheet named "Handlungsempfehlungen" with Text. The Worksheet "Handlungsempfehlungen" looks like this:
c45e5e290e99784aae323f705c55d598.png

It has about 40 columns (A-AO) and Text in each column from Row 1 to max. 34 (Number of rows filled with text varies each column). I now need to somehow loop through each row in each column and give each Cell.Value over to the existing (and currently opened) PowerPoint. Until now Ive used something like this to create textboxes in PowerPoint and fill them with Cell Values from Excel:

VBA Code:
'New PPslide (copy slide 2 which is emtpy)
Set PPslide = PPapp.ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Duplicate.Item(1)
'Put new slide to end of PP
PPslide.MoveTo (PPpres.Slides.Count)
'Change title
PPslide.Shapes.Title.TextFrame.TextRange = "Slidetitle"
PPslide.Shapes(2).TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "Second title"
'Insert Textbox
Set PPtextbox = PPslide.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, Left:=40, Top:=133, Width:=875, Height:=30)
PPtextbox.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Handlungsempfehlungen").Cells(1, 1).Value

But with 40 columns and about 30 rows per column each filled with text I would need to create about 1000 textboxes and hand them to my PowerPoint. How could I loop through this Worksheet and automatically have positions on the PowerPoint Slide set for each textbox? The slidetitle for each PowerPointslide is already saved in the Row 35 of each Column in the Worksheet (see screenshot), so I would give this over to PP inside the loop as well (for each column set slidetitle = currentColumn.Row 35 is kinda the idea)

My current Idea for all of this is I having 5 textboxes per slide with set positions, filling them with the values from row 1-5 of the first column and then create a new slide and do the same process for rows 6-10 and so on until the Cell.Value in the current column is empty, then jump one column to the right and create a new PPslide again and repeat the whole process until the whole Worksheet has been worked through. I think this seems relatively simple but I am still a beginner and have difficulties implementing this.

Would this be a good idea and how would I need to get there? Im quite bad at looping but Im happy for every answer! Thanks for your time & help!

PS: the declarations for the created PP and its Objects:

VBA Code:
Public Shape As Object
Public PPshape As PowerPoint.Shape
Public PPapp As PowerPoint.Application
Public PPpres As PowerPoint.Presentation
Public PPslide As PowerPoint.Slide
Public PPtextbox As PowerPoint.Shape

Set PPapp = New PowerPoint.Application
PPapp.Visible = msoTrue

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back