snm = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Workbooks(Currfile).Worksheets(snm).UsedRange.Clear
Workbooks.Open Filename:=Range("Input_folder").Value & "\" & fnm & ".xlsx"

With Range("A1").CurrentRegion
.WrapText = False
.ShrinkToFit = False
.UnMerge
End With
Workbooks(fnm).Worksheets("Sheet").UsedRange.Copy Workbooks(Currfile).Worksheets(snm).Range("A1")
Workbooks(fnm).Close SaveChanges:=False
Sheets("Storage").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

It loops through a list in a workbook tab, with a filename in column A and a corresponding sheetname in column B, copying the contents of the file to the corresponding sheet. I know there ought to be a way to read the names into an array and pull them from there, rather than selecting them from worksheet cells, but I don't have any experience in doing that, and I am looking to learn.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Ok, here is what I came up with. Untested by me, but I think it should work.

VBA Code:
Sub Test()
'
    Dim File_Sheet_Counter  As Long
    Dim InputFolderPath     As String
    Dim fnm                 As String                                                       ' Source file name ... Column A
    Dim snm                 As String                                                       ' Destination sheet name ... Column B
    Dim File_Sheet_Array    As Variant
    Dim wsInfoSource        As Worksheet
'
    Set wsInfoSource = Sheets("Storage")                                                    ' <--- Set this to the sheet name that has the info of files & sheets
    InputFolderPath = wsInfoSource.Range("Input_folder").Value                              ' Save path to files into InputFolderPath
'
    File_Sheet_Array = wsInfoSource.Range("StartHere:B" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)    ' Load file names & sheeet names into 2D 1 based array RC
'
    For File_Sheet_Counter = LBound(File_Sheet_Array) To UBound(File_Sheet_Array)           ' Establish loop to loop through the file and sheet names
        fnm = File_Sheet_Array(File_Sheet_Counter, 1)                                       '   Save file name into fnm
        snm = File_Sheet_Array(File_Sheet_Counter, 2)                                       '   Save sheet name into snm
'
        ThisWorkbook.Sheets(snm).UsedRange.Clear                                            '   Clear the data from the sheet about to be written to
        Workbooks.Open FileName:=InputFolderPath & "\" & fnm & ".xlsx"                      '   Open File
'
        With Range("A1").CurrentRegion                                                      '   unwrap, unshrink, unmerge sheet that will be copied
            .WrapText = False
            .ShrinkToFit = False
            .UnMerge
        End With
'
        Workbooks(fnm).Sheets("Sheet").UsedRange.Copy ThisWorkbook.Sheets(snm).Range("A1")  ' Copy sheet from opened file to destination sheet
        Workbooks(fnm).Close SaveChanges:=False                                             ' Close opened File without saving
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back