loop through sheets like a "slideshow"

orsm6

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone, does anyone know how (or know of a link to share) that can tell me how to loop through every sheet in an excel workbook like a slideshow or photo screensaver??

we have a safety wall at work, the main display shows some safety stats, but i'd like to some how roll through other slides that hold a safety message or other information then come back to the main display.... rinse and repeat.

also hoping that i can somehow control the duration of how long it shows the sheet for

TIA :)

Rich (BB code):
but i see what you mean by pressing escape. that isn't very helpful haha
You could put a counter in the code so that the slideshow only runs x number of times then quits !

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
runtime error 1004: select method of worksheet class failed

You will get that message if a sheet is hidden. This can be accounted for if need be.

got it working.... but i see what you mean by pressing escape. that isn't very helpful haha

That's great (y)

Upvote 0
You could put a counter in the code so that the slideshow only runs x number of times then quits !

Yes, good idea Michael. You could also put a timer so that it stops after say an hour.

Upvote 0
Yes, good idea Michael. You could also put a timer so that it stops after say an hour.
the timer idea is OK, but it will be scrolling through the sheets 24/7 - the TV is never turned off. the only time i would have to stop the slideshow is manually so that i can add more sheets or change the text on the sheets, then i start the macro again.....

so having a way to stop it would be better.

Upvote 0
If it's running 24/7, the ESC method would probably be the most likely way.....OR using CTRL + Break
i'll try ctrl+break when i pressed escape it didn't seem to just 'stop'.... had to press escape a few times.

Upvote 0
CTRL + Break will stop the code immediately.....but you will have a Dialog Box Pop up asking if you want to end or Debug !!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back