Lost an Object While Moving Frames Around My Userform

Ark68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have designed a pretty complicated userform. In my process of tweaking it through the VBA interface (moving frames full of obects), I seem to have lost a textbox object.

I had a textbox named tb_comment2. It was within a frame (frame116), which was in itself nested in another frame (frame103). In my moving frames around the userform, at some point I "lost" tb_comment2. It must be buried, or hidden or encompassed somewhere else.

I know the textbox still exists, as if I try to recreate a new one and give it the same name, it errs.

I can see it listed in the object browser as a member of the userform it should be in.

Can anyone suggest how I can find this textbox so that I can return it to it's original poisition within frame116?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Couldn't you just write a small piece of code that acts on the "Top" and "Left" properties of the box and set them both to zero so that the box moves to the upper left of the form...

Upvote 0
igold ... thank you! That sounds like a simple enough solution.
I'm not all that VBA savvy, but that wouldn't that only move the control during run time? Ideally I'd like to find it during useform editing so I can drag it back to the frame it came from.

Working on your suggestion, I suppose I could even just code the proper placement of the control om the userform making it visible where its supposed to be during run time. But it doesn't help during editing tasks. (ie trying to change its properties with the properties window)

Upvote 0
I was thinking a small "throwaway" code outside of all the other macros to run once, just so you can find the box so that you can re-position it manually to where it belongs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back