Lost / Deleted personal workbook with MACRO's when I don't have access to computer files

Beh162

Board Regular
I'm on a work computer so I don't have access to the microsoft files. I had a personal workbook with Macros in it, but that personal workbook is gone. I've tried looking in options >Add-ins>Managers:Disabled and there isn't anything there.

Is there anything else I can do to try and restore that old personal workbook? I tried opening a saved file that I used that macro on and that didn't help. I suppose I could reach out to the IS department, but not sure what I'm having them look up or if they'd even be able to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Microsoft Office 2013

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
The Personal workbook isn't an Add-in, it is a normal workbook normally located in your XlStart folder. If it still exists then it should show up in a Windows search.

Upvote 0
XlStart or personal don't show up when I search windows explorer. Which could be because of my limited access from the work computer. Just wasn't sure if there were any other avenue's I could take

Upvote 0
If you don't have access to the XLStart folder how did the Personal workbook get put on the computer? did you just create it by recording a macro?

Upvote 0
Then I am afraid that you will have to look in the XlStart folder.
It comes under the AppData folder, which is normally a hidden folder and so I suspect that you will have to get someone with Admin rights to unhide it for you.

Upvote 0
Also check this folder:
C:\Users\YourWorKPCUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back