Lost MVP answer series

277jah

When i searched for arrays an MVP had put up a complete how to on VBA Arrays and CSE arrays generally, it was sometime between 2005 and 2013, I have been unable to search back more than a few months of 2020, the forum search is very confusing and definitely not user friendly, If anyone could point out how to find old articles I would appreciate it.

I have been unable to search back more than a few months of 2020, the forum search is very confusing and definitely not user friendly
If when you click Search, put your search term in the Search box then select Order by date, do the search, click the last page (page 10) and look at the bottom right of the last post on the page there is a view older results button.

Then the button will appear every time that you click the 10th page.

Last edited:
It would take 3 months going back ten pages at a time after about an hour I still had not got back past 2020, you should be able to select date range, it is absolutely ridiculous, I can not believe a few weeks ago I could find it then bam not there?

I don't think a date range of 2003 to 2015 would be a great help in your case with search terms covering so many posts.
If you want to read up on VBA arrays (btw I would be surprised if there is a thread giving a "complete" how to on VBA Arrays and CSE arrays" as they are completely different beasts and it would be a huge thread) then have a look at one of the links below.
Glance at both, choose which one's style of writing suits you best and stick to that one as it will get confusing reading both.

No seriously it was sometime between 2007 and 2013, a MVP put up a 10 or more part serious on Arrays it was very thorough I downloaded the links to my onenote clipper and thought i had them but mrexcel must block scrapers, because the links were deadends, and I have been unable to find how to go back that far, as the message board system changed sometime recently, did they archive all that older stuff. It is really confusing the search is atrocious.

Anything that was on the board when they changed to Xenforo was archived as far as I know (some of the Html code on screenshots is still being converted where posters used custom Html but the posts are there).
Some of the links to the original board don't work but those didn't work in the last board either so to see them you would have had to look many years ago.

I started using multiplan and lotus 123 in 1987, lotus 123 and Quattro pro with the first solvers in 1991, then excel 95, literally destroyed everything, all companies switched within a year, the rest is history So I know a thing or two about spreadsheets I am very very far from being a novice, I am not really concerned with CSE's as they are supposed to be replaced last year, In Australia no news of them ever arriving, I can not get an answer about why,but I have Mike Girvins thorough book, it is VBA arrays that are my main concern there is only sketchy detail out there the article went into great depth. I wish to do a lot of statistical calculations for probability tables in arrays as they really slow down spreadsheets and the normdist etc, functions are really slow. To use the hart algorithm of normal density approximation is quick and computationally inexpensive, but I do not want to fill up sheets with rows of unnecessary tables continually recalculating if it can be done seamlessly in a array in the background it will be quick and painless. I can save the module and use it many times in lots of applications. There is a sincere not frivolous reason why I seek such old wisdom, not all that is new that glitters is gold, there is still some old gold out there.

Did you look at the links I provided?

It looks like wayback machine is my last resort, here fingers crossed , hoping for luck.

I am not really concerned with CSE's as they are supposed to be replaced last year
The formulas are still the same (bar some new functions) you just don't have to enter them with Ctrl-Shift +Enter and the formulas spill. They have not been replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back