lost personal file

Eric Kelcher

Board Regular
Well not actually lost (misplaced?) but the personal file macros are no longer available without opening personal.xls. Personal is not hidden it just appears to not be there, I can go do a search and find the "hidden version" in hidden/system folder->Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART.
How do I recreate it so it is always there? I can get all the macros I need from this "searched" version but there is a very good possibilty I deleted the normal version as I had issues and I had excel crash and it was one of the recovered files and I clicked that I had saved all the files I needed. Now it no longer is accesible directly via macro or there when I try to unhide files under window task. When I open this version it acts just like normal personal I can hide it and macros are still useable, etc.

Yep other program popped right up, not hidden or anything else, in both my alt start up folder and the XLSTART.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Eric, I'm having a similar issue:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=1135220

I went as far as assuming my macro file was corrupted so I created a new one and it to wouldn't open. I then renamed the new macro file something other than PERSONAL.XLS and in the XLSTART folder, the file WOULD open!

Try renaming the file to something other than PERSONAL.XLS
Perhaps ERIC.XLS and let me know if it opens.

Upvote 0
Oops forgot to post the solution
Personal file was disabled, turn on by selecting about Excel then Disabled items

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back