[MAC] Excel 2008 insert row using applescript

LawrenceIES

Hi all,

this is the file I'm talking about:
http://rapidshare.com/files/436674965/TStest.xlsx
I'm trying to make a new timesheet for my company; I had made one with a nice macro in excel 2011 but since evrybody at the office uses 2008 so I wasted my time :)

What I want to do is have a function that allows staff to easily insert a row in a certain "category" (let's say in the first one; external projects) while automatically adding the same "sum" function at the end as the other rows.

In excel 2011 I had made a macro assigned to a little picture in the top right corner with the instruction "click this pic to insert a row below the selected cell"

Thing is, we all know its easy to just insert a row and drag the formula down but some people here at the office don't really "get it" or are very old etc. and it would take me forever to go through all the timesheets to check whether data was put in correctly and all formulas add up.

I have been googling for half a day but cannot really find anything and have no experience whatsoever with Applescript, and cannot convince management to switch to 2011.

Great thanks to anybody that can be of assistance before the end of the year

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back