Mac: Permission Denied (images within spreadsheet)

rbsam

I have my spreadsheet set up so on Sheet2 there are 2 columns of titles and the 3rd column is an empty cell. Next to this empty cell is a button that the user can click, a file browser opens up, and they can choose an image. Selecting an image will insert the file path into the cell and insert an image on top of this cell (and the image source uses the file path).

On Sheet1, there are also 2 columns of titles, and upon clicking a button on Sheet1 it will insert the corresponding picture found from the file path on Sheet2.

Everything works absolutely fine on my computer.

As soon as I hand the spreadsheet over to someone else, they get permission denied. The only way to resolve it on their machine is for them to delete all of the images and file paths from Sheet2 and re-insert the images. Then the permission denied issue goes away.

I imagine this is something to do with how Excel works on Mac and sandboxing. I initially used the built in Application.GetOpenFilename and figured I would switch to the recommended Mac method of using AppleScript to launch a file browser, but this hasn't actually made a difference. The permission denied issue persists.

I can't figure it out at all! It would be amazing if someone could point me in the right direction.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back