Maco Toolbar

chosenp

Hello,

First let me say all that helped with my SSN remediation to concantenate part of last name [5 letters] and last 4 of their SSN [adding X to fill in if last name is less than 5 letters,.....Thank You.. I tried each of your solutions. All of them worked. My spreasheet is successful as can be now.

A Different issue I having with this same spreadsheet. I have created several macros to reduce multiple (up to 20) actions to just one button.
I created a new toolbar assigning buttons for each macro and the placed the new toolbar at the top with the other tool bars.

My problem is when I set up other coworkers who do my job also with this spreadsheet the toolbars disappear. It took a while to learn, but I created the spreadsheet and macros on my C drive (C drive directly - not in any formula's) so my macros will work on their computer without any modifications. But the macro tool bar does not copy onto their computer. So I have to spend time recreating the toolbar with buttons for each macro. Some of our plants are 1 1/2 hours away and finding time to drive their to set them up is a pain.

Is there a way to email my spreadsheet to them (I gave them instructions to copy the spreadsheet directly to the C drive) and have the toolbar still visible and usable with my buttons for my macros?.

I spent several hours reading different things in the help section. I read something about attaching the toolbar to the spreadsheet. But I am not sure I really understood that or know if that will fix it.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Keith

email: chosenp@mchsi.com

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
1st things first -- edit your e-mail addy -- otherwise the spammers pick it up. Make it "human readable" not "machine readable" by doing some like MyName -at- mydomain.com

Back in a minute on the other.

Upvote 0
"Attaching" a toolbar is the simplest way to do this. You attach a toolbar by opening the workbook in question and right-clicking a toolbar and picking Customize... from the popup.<sup>1</sup> In the "Customize" dialog box the top tab is the toolbars tab. On the right of this tab the last button is the attach... button. This will put a copy of the toolbar in the workbook. You should then be able to show the toolbar using the workbook's _Open() event handler.

Note that the attaching toolbars is not without a couple of drawbacks. Please see this thread from three years ago (boy, how time flies) for a discussion of the downside and one way to compensate for them. These days I kill my custom toolbars and recreate them from scratch each time the workbook is opened. Keeps things cleaner; but it requires quite a bit more code. Some day I'll get around to putting together a Wiki "How-To" on it, but just don't have the time at the moment.

<hr /><sup>1</sup>Or from the menu View | Toolbars > | Customize...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back