Macos for beginners

Shodi

Board Regular
Hi everyone and Happy New Year to all.

Looking forward to learning new excel skills in 2018. Can you please help me by telling me what is the best way/place to start learning macros, preferably a detailed tutorial of sorts. I am a kindergartner at Excel Marcos/VBA so I need to learn from scratch understanding the concepts, logic, do's and don'ts and code writing. Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I know EXACTLY how you feel! Some time ago, before the age of quality videos on the web, I bought more books on macros than you can imagine. As good as many of them were, I still couldn't grasp the fundamentals of writing my own macros. Sure, the recorder is nice, but you cannot do loops, "IF" statements etc with the recorder.

Over time, I finally came across two of the best (and nicest) resources for learning how to write your own macros. One is Mynda Treacey (www.myonlinetraininghub.com) and the other is Mr. Excel himself, Bill Jelen. Check their offerings - both books and videos - and I think you'll find a lot of help.

While I am still far from an expert at this, I feel like I can now at least write the basic macros I need from time-to-time. PLUS, this is THE first time I've not used this site to ASK for help myself!

Good luck and Happy New Year to you too.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back