Macro anomaly with buttons & hot keys only

helplise

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi. I have a multi worksheet file with multiple macros. Data is entered into one worksheet (A), the macro copies data from a different worksheet (B), goes back to a certain cell in A worksheet, then pastes into a separate file before performing other functions. All macros have been working perfectly when manually run or when assigned to buttons in worksheet A. I then changed the name of worksheet B and amended the macros accordingly. Now all macros fail when using the buttons - excel semi shuts down and I have to close everything and reopen excel to get it working again. If I run the macros directly from the developer tab they all work perfectly. I found a similar anomaly when googling, but that was where excel was semi shutting down in an instance where the worksheet with the button is deleted during the running of macro. My worksheet remains as is with no changes throughout the macro, just copying and pasting to another file. I have tried copying the macro and using a different name, assigning it to a different button in a different section of the worksheet but still no fix. I tried assigning a short cut key as a workaround for now but it fails also, but in a different way. The macro runs, only sometimes pulls the correct data over, but doesn't semi shut down excel. It's so strange. Any ideas how I can successfully assign the macros to buttons in worksheet A? The files are for basic level users so must have buttons for ease of execution. Thanks in advance for any tips you may have

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back